THE HISTORY OF EMMANUEL DAY CARE KINDERGARTEN
Emmanuel Day Care Kindergarten is one of the oldest day care centers in the city of New York. On January 12, 1957, Emmanuel Day Care Kindergarten opened its doors to serve the young learners in the community. At that time, Emmanuel Day Care kindergarten was sponsered by the Long Island Baptist Extension Society. The center was established to provide the best possible learning opportunities to children in preschool and kindergarten. This school thrives on excellence.
In 1958, Mrs Anesta Samuel assumed the role of Director until her retirement in 1984. Mrs. Samuel was monumental in encouraging parent involvement. The center, throughout the years, has maintained its certification from the NYC Dept. of Health and Mental Hygiene Bureau of Day Care.
Early in 1977, Emmanuel Baptist Church assumed full sponsorship of the Day Care. The complete transition transpired in 1981. This change of hands signified the beginning of a model relationship between the church and the community.
The Board of Directors of the center is comprised of members of Emmanuel Baptist Church. The spirit of brotherhood, dedication to serving God through the ministry of teaching, love and compassion are the operating principles which have forged a lasting relationship between the center and the community.